Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Birthday, Darlings!
My oldest two daughters have both recently had birthdays and are now proud 8 and 7 year olds! I still remember when they were born (amazing, I know)! We lived in Texas, we had been married only two years, and had these two sweet girls only 12 months apart! It definitely made me realize I'm definitely not all about the 'no birth-control' thing. Really, that realization and decision was also based upon the fact that, because of my first being breech, I had c-sections with both of the girls and have gone on to have one with all 5 of the births of my children as well. It is totally and utterly different than a natural birth... much harder to recover from and many, many more lasting effects from the surgery than having babies the way God intended.
Today I couldn't be happier and more delighted in the children that God has chosen to gift our family with. He knows best, He carries us through and He sees the ending. His control over every situation is there whether or not it seems that way to us.
I'm loving life with these sweeties!


Rainbow Cake!


I totally went all out on the cake and the celebration this year. Don't ask me why, I'm not sure. In hind-sight it may not have been the best idea as we ended up starting to come down with swine flu a couple of days before their party...along with being sick with the stomach flu and colds, ALL in the month of October! Whew, we made it through, though and had a great time celebrating the life of my two eldest along with this new season, FALL! We weren't going to let a few hardships stand in the way of our enjoyment. We stuck it to those hardships and sicknesses and came out more content, more dependent on our Heavenly Father because of them.

Memaws and aunties, know just how to make a b-day memorable. We love them so much! Plus, they are quite the riot, don't you think?


We decorated pumpkins with frosting and candy...





Ate buttered popcorn and enjoyed treat bags with glee!



Coutryman farms is a GREAT place to be!











We had potato sack races, three legged races and jumped in the leaves...
and for participating in the fun, picked a lolly from the lollipop tree!





mhm, Mhm, MHM!








It was a beautiful fall day, sunny and crisp! Their friends joined in the fun and they all had a blast. So thankful for who these girls are becoming... they are beautiful souls with hearts that are soft.


Praying for them, thankful for them today and always.
Happy birthday my dear daughters.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment