Thursday, June 10, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday

We're home. Satisfied. Happy. Refreshed. Content.


But as we settle in to daily life once more, I can't help but smile as I recant and relive all of the wonderful memories of our trip to the Oregon Coast.

-As we backed our extremely stuffed SUV out of our beach house-our home away from home- driveway and reluctantly hit the road for an 11 hour trip home Wednesday. Many grateful little voices piped up in chorus:


Goodbye beach house. Goodbye ocean. Goodbye sand between my toes.
Farewell to you beautiful sunsets, trees, lakes and tide pools. Farewell sand fleas, fishies, crabs, starfish, sea anemones and crustaceans of every imaginable kind.

Until next year HUGE sand dune that we had such a blast climbing and tiny crab the size of a coin!


Farewell to you fellow parents to many small children, close in proximity, and your laboring of love and driven adventure. Our kindred spirits we will miss you!

Goodbye glorious waves, sea shells, lush rhododendrons, tide pools, drift wood, the tide's ins and outs and sticks.

Goodbye sand toys, castles and mermaid fins, boogie boards, El Dora do, Nintendo 64, daylight before 6am and the beach house garage door opener button inside the garage that when we frequently left on some new adventure, would let our children take turns pushing and then sprint for the car as they joyfully jumped over the censor on there way out so the door would close tightly(yes we're that "over cautious" with our children).

Until next year- My dear Grateful Bread and all of your enormous scrumptious baked goods and Cheesy Peesy Pizza with all of your cheesy goodness. Until then Aquarium, and the good memories of precious family time remembered. Until then quiet walks by the shore.


Goodbye to the many board games played with quick witted little children concluding with laughs downright giggle fits.

Goodbye warm gas fireplace, runs on the beach, gorgeous thick green mossy trees, Sand Lake, crab pot, heavenly Stimulus coffee house with your organic teas and free Wi-Fi.

Farewell destination Lasting Memories.

For now that is.

So relaxing, fun, engaging, special and memorable our trip to the coast was!! Still so fresh and raw is our time there in the intricate fabric of my being. I feel overwhelmingly blessed from my Heavenly Father, beyond words, to have the unwavering love of a dear husband as I do. The calling to mommy my darling kids who bring so much joy to the everyday. A mother, a father, sister brother, many aunts, uncles, grandparents and friends! So blessed!


Forget finding me wasting even a moment on emotional, "look at me" tantrums, imagined expectations, unloving, "fake" unreal friends, silly spats, pride and empty words, or finite ramble, artificial smiles, idle games, meaningless details and arogant riff raff. (and friends, please slap me if I do)
God is good. My family is here. Now. Unbelievers, the countless needy hungry souls are here. Now. Real life. Real, eye to eye and hand in hand LIFE is here now. It's happening right this moment. It's worth putting 100% of my being into and I don't want to miss a single authentic thing.




Joyfully, I lovingly look upon all dear souls part of my humble circle, expectantly soaking up all that I can give from my heart as from the Lord flows inner renewal, protection and life where none could be found. Love where I am lacking. Fulfillment in what I amazingly get to call my own. Contentment in what can only be called uniquely mine.




As we bask in the still fresh memories of a beautiful family road trip to God's beautiful coastal country, we are thankful, rested, renewed, deeply connected and in love and ready to jump into "real" life once again and serve our mighty Maker!



No comments:

Post a Comment