Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday

Okay, so it's not Thursday yet... close enough.
My eldest daughter had to miss her very first swimming lesson to learn a lesson. It was tough on our mommy and daddy hearts, but as all parents know, consistency doesn't disappoint. It turned out to be a profitable learning experience. She was overjoyed to get in the pool the next evening, and a bit wiser, too.
My son is doing awesome at his swimming lessons!  I am so proud of him. Though he turned 3 in March, we do a parent & tot class together because this is his first year swimming, beyond little blow up pools at Memaw's. After 2 days, he is already voluntarily dunking his whole head under water to grab a ring.  I'm amazed!  Is this the same fearful little boy who only weeks ago would scream his head off when getting his hair washed in the bath? 
Does anyone else have things that just really bug you?  Really, REALLY, REALLY{eyes wide open in amazement} bug you? Like the kind of "bug" that pretty much incapacitates you until it's taken care of? Dry hands and feet are just one of those things for me. It gives me the willies, as I shutter from discomfort until I can remedy the situation i.e. washing, applying lotion, etc.... Tsk. How lame am I really?  I can't stand it for long to be even a little bit uncomfortable. Lame. When I am out in the dust and sand, in flip flops as usual, away from my lotion bottle and bathtub, I understand completely why it was customary in Bible times for people to get their feet washed when coming into a household from a long trek through the dust in sandal clad feet.  Whew, would that drive me crazy! I would be hustling as fast as I could to get to the place I was going so I could have the wonderful blessing of getting my dry dirty feet wonderfully washed and cleaned.
My two oldest are spending the night at Memaw's tonight. We have swimming lessons in the morning and tomorrow night and the next morning and so on for another week and a half.  Bright side, I think I am getting skinny from being so busy! Won't hear a peep of complaining from me about that.
Today was a tough day to get through sane, I even wanted to sit down and cry at one point. Emotional? Yep. Hormonal? No doubt. Stressed? You got it. Tired? Definitely. Joyful? Absolutely!!
My son said to me today with great enthusiasm," I love you, momma, you're my BEST husband!"  And, "I'm a boy and you are a gil, momma?  I a boy, you a gil. Right?" {smile} Love that kid.
I will have run a total of over 19 miles this week. No, not consecutively. Though, someday I would like to run a marathon. Someday. Maybe. Hopefully. Can I get some good old friendly encouragement up in here? {grin}
My girls popped peas, picked from my grandmother's garden, today and we had crock potted(?) chicken, peas, carrots and Quinoa in Chicken stock. I added a little ginger, garlic, red pepper, black pepper, paprika, the whole spice rack and it was DELISH!  Now would you call that a stew or a soup???
Have I mentioned lately how much I love these girls?  They are such a support and awesome little helpers. A joy to have around.
I love to take in the colorful scene of my four oldest, of course paint shirt clad, paintbrushes in hand surrounded by papers, tubes, boxes and egg cartons scattered over our designated paint table cloth, hunched over their artwork intently creating. It's a colorful picture of joy and learning and it brings a smile to my face.
Looking forward to my friend Katie's wedding this weekend.  Such a lovely lady and sweet friend. She moved from here back to her home town a couple of hours away last month and I miss her!  I am happy that their special Day has finally arrived and she and her man will be married!
My husband and I just returned from a wonderful 6 mile bike ride this gorgeous evening with our two youngest hitched behind him.  I can't tell you how much I enjoy time spent with my husband. It doesn't happen often enough!! My little blessing was sound asleep when we got back. My son close behind. My husband is now, thankfully, working up in our attic, getting it closer and closer to finished!! I can't wait!! He likes to get up there and see progress getting made and I gladly send him up there because I LOVE seeing progress getting made. I usually spend the latter part of our evenings with the kids, putting them to bed and such when we're working on house projects like this one.  It's nothing in comparison to the year after we bought this house. My husband worked SO hard for a whole year on our house to get it remodeled before we moved into it. He was at work ALL day and then working on our house all evening until past midnight. It was a crazy good exciting chapter in our lives.  Hmmm, I might post some of our house's 'before and afters' on here just for fun!
I've only been getting 6 hours of sleep every night at the most for the last week and a half so I suppose it is time to get off the computer, pry my fingers from the keyboard and read a few books to my son before bedtime, chow down on some oatmeal cookies, spend time with my dear hubby and then lights out early! Maybe. Hopefully. Ah, who am I kidding!? {sigh} Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment