Thursday, July 29, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday

Isn't
this
Gorgeous?

My dear grandma brought me this gladiola stalk this afternoon. It was quite a surprise to see her at my door carrying the brightest colored gladiola I had ever seen!  It's pink hue is stunning and it sparkles as though covered in a fine mist of glitter! Like the striking beauty of a fair-skinned maiden, with lovely bright rosy cheeks and pink lips glistening in the dim light of evening... Or the gorgeous thick layers of cotton white clouds dipped in hues of sunset oranges, pinks and peaches as night begins to fall.  I had gifted her some gladiola bulbs for Christmas last year and just like the saying,"What you give will come back to you!", I have been pleasantly given the fruits of that gift back to me in a beautiful vibrant action of love.
Thank you, Grandma! I love you.
Speaking of beautiful sunsets, what is it they say--"Red sky at night, sailors delight. Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning!"-? May I just say that I am always longing for a red sky in the morning, for that would certainly mean a storm was brewing.  There is nothing more exhilarating or inspiring than an awesome thunderstorm, as it drenches our dry desert terrain with rain and our children with fear.
My oldest daughter is purely a delight. I can see the Lord working in her little heart, and it is an awesome beautiful occurrence to witness.
My husband is resigning from coaching soccer.  So yes, his (major) involvement in fundraising over the summer was just him volunteering his time, as he will not be coaching this fall. I am so very proud of this man. He is a precious soul, one I could not ever hope to deserve the right and privilege of loving. But graciously, God has made us One in Him. In marriage. I have the awesome opportunity to follow my beloved as he chooses priorities, makes plans of action, and sticks whole-heartedly to building a strong family foundation and raising our children with Heaven's will on the forefront of our human minds. I am awestruck as he listens to the Lord, buries himself in His Word, follows His lead and joyfully lays down his seemingly good aspirations despite the attractive draw of his fleshly passions for the sake of knowing, serving and walking with our Lord with total abandonment. You see, it seems at times, that to do something really well, to do something great, you have to dedicate your whole life to that goal, that calling!  Above all, my husband and I want to dedicate ourselves to our family, and to our God. All else pales in comparison and lacks the deep richness of contentment that fulfilling God's destiny for our life fills us with.
My daughter's sliced toe is healing nicely. It has been a semi- long, harrowing process, and a learning experience. Not one I would like to go through again, but can assuredly say has turned out for good semi-positively, slightly kind of okay.
Ahem.
My kids spent the last two nights at Memaw Dawn's having an extended sleepover with their cousins. It was just about the best experience they've seen in their short lifetime yet. {smile} Kudos to Memaw for having 8 of her grandchildren for a sleepover, BY HERSELF! Go SuperMemaw GO!
Ran 3 1/2 miles today. It felt really good!  Although, the amount of sticky sweat that poured forth from my pores is staggering. I literally looked and felt like I had just stepped from the shower, soaked I tell you. Soaked!  From head to toe.  Hmmm, if only I smelled like I had just stepped from the shower, too.
{long contented sigh}
Looking forward to my fave season, fall and all of it's beautiful contents; activities, schooling, camp outs, remodel projects, wedding, races(maybe even a half marathon-AH!), new found "freedom" on my husband's part, church retreat, Bible studies, not being pregnant, book reading, house painting, that gorgeous cooler weather time-of-the-year.
Yeah, God is just that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment