Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's official

The first snowfall of the year has fallen.

My husband and I were awakened by the excited nudges of our children to get out of bed and gaze out of our paned windows at the big wet flakes floating beautifully to the ground.
They watched, pressed their little faces to the window panes and marvelled for all of about a few minutes before our home become a mess of winter clothing, hats, boots scarves and gloves.
My children (and husband) teaming with excitement and snow clothes clad
headed out for the annual "first snow" snow fight and snowman build.
I have been slightly under the weather with a cold. I stayed snug and warm inside this time and so didn't get any actual factual pictures of the snow! Crazy. 
Neighbors joined in the snow fun and in with our family for breakfast as well!  German pancakes-sweet, warm and filling.
My littlest girlie enjoyed fer "first" bout with the cold wet stuff.  She wouldn't keep her mittens on so frigid red fingers and all, she was absolutely thrilled with the new adventure.
The fun ended with piles of wet clothing, rosy cheeked children and steamy hot cocoa. Life is good!
So it's official. Winter is here!

It was a magical morning. Beautiful. Memorable and delightful.
I'm SO thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment