Friday, January 14, 2011

Christmas replay-part 2

Gifts, celebrating Jesus, family, games, good food, playing in the snow... yep, that about sums up our holiday winter season so far!
Christmas was a slow moving process of moving unrushed from our home, to my parents' and ending at my grandparents'. It was relaxing... yet full. 
Our 2010 year ended with a bang as my parents, brother and his roommate and my whole family took an adventure up to the mountains to hang with a sweet family who has 8, yes, count them, 8 snowmobiles and a huge tree surrounded meadow full of mounds and mounds of beautiful white snow.
Everyone went sledding, and not the old fashioned way of sledding mind you.  You know, where you fly down the hill in seconds and then trudge back up for the next half hour laboriously dragging your sled. No, we were spoiled. Snowmobiles would be constantly making rounds to pick up sledders at the bottom of the hill to bring them back up to the top. It became a race really. To see who would make it to the bottom first.  The snowmobile or the sled. Over and over again... oh, the bliss.
The men (and me) went snowmobile adventuring and I took a tumble off of the back of one and landed on my rear!  It still hurts.
But it was SO worth it.
Good memories made.


((yes, my dad is probably the only one from this area who wears shorts on Christmas day... I love him for it))








I absotively {{heart}} this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment