Saturday, January 23, 2010

Wide eyed


As I pried open my eyes, for the sixth time to answer the call of I believe the third of our children to have come into our room during last night's "sleep", I questioningly whispered a desperate prayer, "Dear Heavenly Father, why is this happening?"

A simple prayer. More of a complaint, really. In my sleepy mode, I was not expecting the prayer to leave the confines of my bedroom... because in reality, I was partly to blame in the sleeplessness of this short night by staying up much too late!
...But God doesn't have the need to respond from my expectations and in my next thought, as it translated into my next breath, the answer to my resonating question rolled right off of my lips into the darkness.

"He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to God's will. And we know that in ALL things God works for the good of those who love Him, and have been called according to His purpose." -Romans

Wide eyed now, waiting, listening, I was reminded, "Yes!" I'm called to fulfill His purpose in these kids lives. So, if that means not getting near enough sleep this measly night, so be it. "I need you're help, Father... I need You. I'm tired, a new day is about to begin and I feel empty, down and tired!" As soon as the expectant prayer left my mouth, He replaced it with new one, to fill it's empty void, "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength... my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." -Philippians

Oh, thank goodness, yes... as my day today now attests...

He WILL!

Today I look to Him, waiting wide eyed and expectant... that He will, do as He has promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment