Thursday, March 4, 2010

Book store


My two oldest daughters have been playing 'bookstore' recently. They write their own books, draw their own drawings and they trade their books for anything really... a chocolate chip, a coin, a toy... even part of a toy. My angel helps out by putting stickers on the books, or so I've been told.

It's been hilarious to read some of their stories. Some of them have been the sweetest love notes to their daddy and I.

BUT I laughed out loud... well, maybe just in my head but it was very loud in my head... when I read this one titled "shopping". I couldn't believe the little sales women they had become ALL on their own.

Enjoy:

(Edited for spelling as it may be difficult to read if you're not their mommy)

"(first page) This Book belongs to _______.
Are you trying to get a book, a drawing, a painting? You need to come to Abby and Alayna's Bookstore and H&B and Bab. They're the coolest stores. I know some of you just have a little money... well, they're low this season. See you soon, bye!" -My firstborn


"Tigers and Lions"

"(first page) This Book belongs to_______.
Lions are the King of the Jungle. Lions are cool. Did you know that there is a white lion? I have a poster and it's right on top of my bed. Tigers are the biggest cat in the world." -My firstborn


"The Dress"

(first page) This Book belongs to_______.
"A girl wanted a dress but her mom did not get it. She wanted it very much. She is feeling better at home. She hopes she gets the dress for her birthday. I hope she did? She did? I hope she did. She did!!" -My second in command


"A book about Luke Skywalker"

(" ") " "______.
"Have you seen the movie, "Star Wars"? I love Luke! Sometimes I pretend that I am Luke Skywalker. My friend is named Luke, too. I even have a sword I pretend is a lightsaver. It's cool. I watch the movie very much. Remember my friend I was talking about? Well, my mom goes to see them a lot.(mommy interjection here.... she's referring to my good friend's son Luke :) Well, Luke Skywalker is pretty cool. I like him. Could you imagine what it would be like to be in the movie? Well, I have to go, bye!" -My firstborn


"Ella and the Big Pool"

(" ") " "______.
"Ella was going to the pool. She wanted to go in the deep water. Her mom said "no". Then she went to the deep water slide. She went on the slide. "What were you thinking", the lifeguard said. I love you. I love you, too!" -My second in command


"My mom and dad"

(" ")" "______.
"My mom and dad, they're kind and they're sweet. I love my dad because he's cool. My dad plays soccer, my dad works at the house and I help him. I love my dad because 1. He's sweet 2. He's cool 3. I just like him. I love my mom because she's kind and she helps me with school. I love my mom because 1. She's kind. 2. She's love. 3. I just love her." -My firstborn

I've been trading for these imaginative gems all day... and they are priceless and slightly hilarious I must add. I love my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment