Thursday, May 13, 2010

Aventures in backyardland...

...along with a trip to the park, Jiffy Lube, Subway and our high school track.

Did I mention that I am ambitious?

Or that I believe I, as a decided mother, should be able to do all of these things and more with my children along? It's an amazing dead tired accomplished feeling! I love it because I am relying on the Lord's strength, not my husband's, sitter's or Memaw's. Not to say that I never have days and/or outings alone; we as mothers ALL need those periodically!

On this particular day, the air was gloriously warm! Over 70 degrees here in the northwest, with hardly a breath of wind. Gorgeous. I believe we have been bombarded with strong winds for only about the last 2 months, daily, and it felt like it had been forever since we had been able to enjoy a nice leisurely run, minus leaning into the wind barely moving-a play time at our local park, without the hazard of blowing debris(or histamines) or to enjoyably work in our flower gardens while my kids gleefully play in the backyard.

Today was a good, good day.


I was snap happy today with my camera so bear with me as I attempt to post ALL some of the photos I shot today. I adore my kids! Watching them, teaching them, listening to them, playing with them and taking pictures of them. All of which was done today.


We had a few boo boos, apologies, mommy raising her voice to a level ever slightly too high, spats here and there, misunderstandings, sunburns(ahem-on mommy-ahem) and such and so on-but far and above it all, we had loads and loads of smiles, laughs, exercise, giggles, adventures, hugs, accomplishments, tear-jerking bright sunshine, kisses, loves, words of encouragement and joy.

So we're quite content.


I'll let some of the photos tell the{rest of the}story.




And that's some of what we did on this beautiful spring day in May.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love the pictures!! (and all of you, of course :)

    ReplyDelete