Monday, May 10, 2010

I just did it

Just because.
I wanted to try something new.
On my own.
Experiment.
Am I alone in my impromptu endeavors?
Having a moment of inspiration and running with it, pronto...
That's what I do best.

I took pillows from our old couch,
along with fabric I've had for years,
and sewed some pillow covers, without a pattern, without so much as one sewing lesson... ever or even a sewing machine... (okay, I borrowed one)
I've done this before. Sewn. On my own. Not exactly knowing what I was doing. But doing it nonetheless to the best of my ability.


Haven't you done that? Seen fabric you crave, found an amazing piece of furniture you love, pass by the perfect eye-candy painting, and buy it in hopes of thinking up some use for it...
Haven't you jumped into something new with excitement and determination... er, blindly?
Being self taught must take a whole lot of gumption, faith, ability, dedication and ingenuity... and dare I say, pride.
I have my share of them all.

Maybe a pillow with some nice grey/blue sheen about it would complete the look?
Splendidly sewn or slightly crooked, well thought out and planned or spur of the moment,
whether perfect or flawed, I just did it.
And I dare say, that's the most exciting way to learn.

1 comment:

  1. Amy! I did the EXACT same thing! I was tired of our well-worn couch pillow, so I went and found some super cute fabric and I covered those pillows - no pattern and not a lot of experience with a sewing machine (although I own one... you're free to borrow it anytime, btw) and they turned out fairly well. Your pillow are darling and look so chic on your new red couch! ( :

    ReplyDelete