Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Random Rambling Thoughts Thursday

What a week, what a week, what a week, what a week... if I keep typing that, will it make the week go by faster?
Life is good. God is awesome. My husband is a-working HARD. We are half way through this week and a half of him being gone every night to guard fireworks. It's been fun, tiring and overall stressful, but thanks to the joy and strength of our Lord, we have been handling it just fine!
One downside, our lawn is starting to resemble a rain forest.
Watered my flower gardens and pots tonight.
Must, must remember to buy organic corn chips for a going away party tomorrow night for friends who are moving out of town. Sadness! Oh, and drinks, and anything else I can come up with...
If you are interested in going organic, here is a list to get you started:
http://www.thedailygreen.com/healthy-eating/eat-safe/Dirty-Dozen-Foods
The kids and I spent the whole day today, riding horses, swimming at Memaw's with their cousins and eating sugar. WHAT a joyous memorable day. I enjoyed spending time with my sis and mother-in-law, visiting, cooking, baking, cleaning and feeding the bottomless tummied children. Outside my husband's parent's front door is an eye-catching huge flowering tree. It's beautiful and it smells AMAZING right now as it is just beginning to bloom. I would love to capture smells and post them on this blog to share with you all. It is the sweetest tangy smell on earth and smells so strongly, you can almost feel the thickness of it. Thousands of bees are buzzing around those blooms collecting of their sweet delicacy!
Speaking of bees, my poor son was stung on the bottom of his foot today while playing outside. He also has a fat lip, a stubbed big toe a mosquito bite. Tough day.
We we're fortunate to be in audience of my second in commands water show in the pool. Have I ever mentioned my kids LOVE to put on random "shows" all of the time? Daddy and I think it is the greatest thing.
My kid's start swimming lessons next Monday, all four of my oldest are going to be involved this year. It will be good for them. They are so excited!
Took a ton of outdoor pics of my baby today. I can't wait to find time to edit them.
This past Sunday my sis-in-laws and I tried on our dresses and we're fitted. The bridal gown is gorgeous. My bridesmaid dress is beautiful. I can't wait to wear it and for my dear sister to be married and near to her man. September come quickly! Invitations tomorrow.
I am excited for our 1 mile fun run this Sunday morning AM (very early, eeek!). My mom, my two eldest girls and I are going to run together. My girls have been "training" for it for a few weeks now. They are ready with their new running shoes and shorts. Is it worth getting up at 6:30am for on Sunday on the fourth of July? Probably not but hey, it's just for fun(and I'll do it for my girls)!!
Sunday I am going to play softball again after not having played for 6 years. Your prayers would be appreciated. (I'm excited!!!!!!!!!)
I love getting adoring texts from my husband at 11 pm or "I miss you" midnight phone calls... reminds me of the old days. {sigh} Never want to go through them again but wouldn't trade them for the world.
My throat is sore, my eyes are burning and I am planning to get up and run tomorrow morning so goodnight, farewell, so long until beautiful tomorrow---Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment