Monday, June 28, 2010

Gaze Heavenward

to the designer, maker and sustainer of ALL things.

"I know that You can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted. You asked,'Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge?' Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know."
"You said,'Listen now, and I will speak; I will question you, and you shall answer me.' My ears had heard of You but now my eyes have seen You. Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes." -Job, to the Lord, Job 42:2-6

We get caught up in everyday earthly treasures and plans, and we forget who we are living for. We forget that we are mortal, will have an end to our life on this earth and know near to nothing of life after death. I find myself walking around, feeling empowered, in control or even at times, just enjoying life without so much as a nod in God's direction. His grace keeps my being intact, and brings me back to my knees in repentance, re-focusing my gaze outward and up to heaven's wondrous gates.

How amazing His knowledge and endless His wisdom!! He has intricately designed our universe's vast finite existence. He's fashioned each of us personally, individually and for a purpose, that only He can guide us in fulfilling.

Keeping a grasp on reality, being confronted with physical death and the dying, marvelling at how fragile our frame, how brief our existence, remembering WHO we live for and consulting with our Creator God; that is the only way to walk through this breath of a life, direct our few nonsensical footsteps and live each moment of every precious day.

It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart. -Ecclesiastes 7:2

3 comments:

  1. Amy~your photography is beautiful and I was really blessed by reading this. It's like my momma says~ 'we have our entire lives to prepare for death, but it is the one thing that so few of us are actually prepared for when that time comes.' Personally, the thought of heaven is becoming more and more beautiful to me every day, but I need to focus on making those 'steps' that I have on this earth count while I still have them. Thanks for the reminder. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, this post is so close to my heart right now. I have a dear friend who is also family that is very close to passing away. She has fought a very long hard battle with breast cancer. It seems as though there is a season in my life recently of loosing loved ones, and it is not one that I care for. I am so thankful for the hope that I have in Christ. Death brings the reality of eternity into the forefront of my thoughts. How I long for Jesus to return!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, you inspire me! Praying for you both this AM and praising Him for your lives here on earth, touching those around you. Blessings, my friends!!

    ReplyDelete