Wednesday, August 18, 2010

As I grow older I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.
~Andrew Carnegie

I know, and am hopeful, that the majority of Americans and the world alike would not actually talk this way or agree with it's proposed beliefs.
I am not naive enough to believe that many women could be so cold, and uninformed as to turn from their God-given, nurturing, and mothering nature as to dismiss and end an unexpected pregnancy with a silly laugh.
I also know that the world's outlook on the value and sanctity of human life has greatly decreased in the past few decades due to a myriad of things including evolution taught as fact and abortion seen as "okay" and "justified".
I believe that, though sometimes unspoken, the world's actions have completely condoned, conveyed and proven that the proposed ideals of this story have been, are today and will continue to be an ideal for life, taught to future generations, and is grasped onto and accepted as a completely tolerated form of action.
Here is a sad fictional conversation between two ladies that has a powerful glimpse into the idea of how
un-important, meaningless and expendable life is, to people who do not know Christ. 


She’s Having a Fetus
Joe Carter

Overheard at a local shopping mall:
Jan: “Marsha! How are you girl? I haven’t seen you in ages.”
Marsha: “Hey Jan, you’re looking great. How’ve you been?”
Jan: “Just peachy. Hey, guess what? I’m going to have a fetus!”
Marsha (excited): “That’s wonderful! Oh, I’m so happy for you. Isn’t it a blessing having parasites growing in us?”
Jan: “Yes, but I have to confess—I’m jealous. I wanted to have twins too.”

Continue to read The whole story

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this Amy! We need to be reminded of the things we as Christians need to be fighting against and praying for! It's heartbreaking! When we found out we were expecting triplets I was asked if I wanted to "selectively reduce" my pregnancy! Don't you love how nicely and politely they ask if we would like to murder one of our children?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not suprised in the least that you were asked that!
    It worries me to think of what downhill moral changes will happen as our kids get older and become adults in this world. SO much has changed since I was a kid...
    We definately pray hard for them around here. (:

    ReplyDelete