Thursday, August 19, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday

Remember this picture?


Yes, it hurt hurts.
Yes, I was beat up...
by the gravel-ly dirt surrounding second base.
Hello again to red skinned knees and shin tan lines, sweet team spirit and my musty leather high school mitt.
Gotta love softball season(and my tendency to instinctively go all out, despite the painful consequences).
We had our second game tonight... was hoping for a little less of a wipe out this time around but it's super fun playing the game no matter what the score is at the end. The team did a great job tonight. Good attitudes, fielding, working together, encouraging, laughing, communicating...
Our team is beginning to become just that, a team.
~

Last Sunday evening, we settled into what will be our new digs for the next week or so until our basement is re-finished: my grandparents basement. It's a beautiful basement with it's own single car garage, full kitchen, washer and dryer, two bedrooms and a bathroom so we are quite comfortable and thankful!!
I love the imaginations of children. The other night while my husband and I were getting them a little snack before bedtime they wanted me to name each of them.  So, this is who we put to bed that night:
Tempest the Alstamol (part lion, cheetah, tiger, cougar, puma and panther).
Thumblina, the smallest bear in the world.
Tadpole, the cutest puppy, like ever.
Thumper, the tiny little lion.
and
Tipper, the sweet baby rabbit.
I love each and every one of my imaginative Ts.
~
I love my baby girl. She is a giant tiny piece of work.
She has a distinct squeal that she makes when she has sighted a furry little friend.
She falls on the floor and throws fits (at 14 months old!?)
She still doesn't say many distinct words, but my is she loud.
She is busy running around bruising her head exploring and keeping up with her siblings.
AND she is quite obedient! When I say 'no', she will, more than not, walk completely happily away.
She's growing up much too fast, as are all of my babies.
Loving every moment with them.
~



No comments:

Post a Comment