Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkins+a cool rainy day+Andrew's Seed=Glorious Fall

I love this place!
I'm sure most, if not ALL of you are familiar with this gem but Andrew's Seed Co. is a family owned and run local business and I absolutely love visiting their oasis. The overwhelming feeling of comfort, beauty, inspiration and tranquility is comforting as well as addicting... and the people and my friends who run it are pretty much completely awesome, too.
I don't get much opportunity to expand and utilize my knowledge of plants/gardening, agriculture and such but enjoy what time I do have to invest in my yard very much.
I went to one of their lovely monthly seminar/workshops on this cool rainy morning and as we sat comfortably amidst an array of plants, pumpkins, trees, gourds and squash nestled under the wet greenhouse roof, miss Susan versed us on pumpkins and gourds and the many uses, secrets, and tips on how to eat, decorate, grow and preserve them. As usual I was blown away by their creativity, expertise and the gross amount of selfless labor that they put into those seminars!  They bless me every time I walk through their beautiful doors gates. I walked away with full hands, tummy and mind... inspired and rejuvenated.
If you live in the treasure valley and can take a trip their way, and are in need of seed, plants, home or garden decor, trees, inspiration or just have questions regarding your houseplants, gardens or farm, they are the people to see.
Love them!
Give them a look see!

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post Amy! Thank you for the encouragement! I'm looking forward to next month's seminar...need to decide what to cook for it now... hmm.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Susan :),
    Amy, thank you so much for being such a constant source of support and we are so excited to help you with your garden this coming year! Blessings, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! You are dear hearts!
    Laura, you are so talented in the kitchen, I am sure you will come up with something amazing. I can't wait to see what yummies we will be able to eat next month! (:

    ReplyDelete