Thursday, October 7, 2010

Random Conscious Thoughts Thursday

Life has been contentedly full and blessed!
I am amazed at how the days pass by so quickly...
I have been wanting to indulge in purchasing some beautiful briar.claire hats, bows and leg warmers.
I am not sure when or if I will, but with four young girls in the house, they would surely be put to good use!
My husband and I along with a dozen friends or so recently ran and finished a half marathon!




I finished 3rd in my age group at a time of 1:57:17 and he in 4th at 1:37:30.
The experience is indescribable.
BUT you know me, I'll try...
I would encourage everyone to choose a goal, be disciplined and see it through to the end.
I worked at it with all of my heart as if I was doing it for the Lord.
I had no other choice, it was more than I could do otherwise.
It's an amazing euphoric feeling to have finished the race.
I was completely awestruck as the finish line came into view, I had really just ran 13.1 miles!
Running through the physical pain, the mental battle of concentration and looking ahead to the finish line..
before it is even in sight;
this reminds me of our Christian walk... running in that race has spurred me on in my Christian walk.
 It's a smaller scale physical picture to be sure,
but that story of endurance can be likened to our spiritual walk here on earth...
I prepared for this race in every way possible, from the socks and shoes on my feet,
to the food I ate the day before.
There we're moments in the midst of the race where I felt free as a bird as my feet propelled me forward, downhill;
I was light hearted and relaxed.
There we're times, exhausted and in pain I would look up to the Heavens for strength;
as the next uphill battle loomed in the distance.
But in the end, with strength from above, I finished.  I had nothing left to give, but all of me...
Wow, amazing experience. 
God is so good to use life experiences to grow us spiritually, and I look at everything as an opportunity for spiritual growth.
I am still reeling and blissfully floating on air from recent life "lovelies",
as I prepare for our annual Women's retreat.
I am excited to set aside the fun busyness our life has afforded us this upcoming weekend,
and retreat to the beautiful tree lined mountains, crisp mornings and the mirrored ripples of the lake...
being bathed in sweet Scripture and fellowship.
I long to go this year more than ever before...
probably due to life being fuller than ever before.
Our entry remodel aptly labeled "Project Water Diversion" is just about halfway finished.
My husband took a few days off of work to get as much done as he has.




We hope to get the rest done before winter hits with it's mighty force!
My kids are sweethearts.
I adore being their mommy.
My husband is amazingly wonderful, gifted and compelled.
I do not deserve his every moment of kindness and love!
God is always faithful to give us more and less than we would deserve.
School, library and major house cleaning and organizing (trust me YOU would be embarrassed at how far it has been let go this week!) on the agenda for today... that is after I finish my oatmeal, tea and coffee this fine morning.
I need that double dose of caffeine today!
Bible studies are going great.
Pursuing real friendships---> check.
Feeding my "white dog" this morning.
Practicing kindness and walking in joy...
Not: getting stressed, uneasy, discontent and confrontational...
No, resting, praying, loving and living
for Him.
Keep smiling my friends and work as unto the Lord today, for He delights in you and your heart of worship and praise unto Him for all things.
Even the little things.

Jude 1
But you, beloved,
building yourselves up on your most holy faith,
praying in the Holy Spirit,
 keep yourselves in the love of God,
looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
And on some have compassion,
making a distinction;
but others save with fear,
pulling them out of the fire,
hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.
Glory to God!
Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thanks Amy for sharing from your heart!! Encouraging and convicting at the same time!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete