Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Three's a crowd...

...unless that third person object is my camera of course!

If you we're wondering what in the world yesterday's post was about well, really it's about nothing at all.  We love to be silly and not act our age at times-just having fun playing around with my beloved(no, I'm not referring to my camera *teeheehee).

My awesome husband and I went on a date about a week back and had a W-O-N-D-E-R-ful time! My main man has always been a hopeless romantic. Don't get me wrong, he's still a guy. He looks at things, situations and problems completely logically, can only see the next thing that needs to be conquered done, feels empowered and accomplished when leading and doesn't let emotions take over his decision making...and it drives his emotional control-freak wife crazy sometimes.  Guys and their practical level-headed one-track-mind... how DO they do it!?
Well, the day before our date, before I had any knowledge of it whatsoever, I went out and grabbed the mail from the mailbox. As I was sorting through I noticed a letter addressed to me, from my husband!  I tore into it to find a detailed invitation for a night out with my husband. So sweet, so organized, so debonair, so... romantic. ((contented sigh))
I was so very thankful because it has been a crazy past couple of weeks and I'm not going to lie, almost downright out of control at times.  So this little piece of joy sitting amongst more "to do's" in the mail pile was a breath of refreshing air!
We had a great evening out, taking a walk along the river and snapping photos of each other.  We also had dinner, saw a flick and stopped by the coffee shop.  We try to get out twice a month on our own, but it certainly isn't a rule. Ha!
I'm thankful for my husband today. For his compassion, love and positivity... I'm thankful for my main man, peanut butter, freedom, family, prednisone, green tea, God's working in my children, Memaws, Papas, sunsets, my new camera, new friends, gatherings of diverse people around the supper table, Agape love and scissors-ahh, what a great invention.
Here a few peeks from our "photo session".





















Just thought I'd share.
God has given us women quite the gift in a husband.
Someone to walk the path of life with, to keep us real, loved and protected... I couldn't have chosen anyone better suited for me than my main man.

2 comments:

  1. What a handsome couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! These pics made me smile, and yes husbands are quite the gift!

    ReplyDelete