Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wonder

Has it really been 4 years since that exciting restless night of contractions?
I remember it as if it was yesterday!

I was awake most of the night with contractions every 5-10 minutes.
Watching the clock. Anxious. 
I tried baths, sleeping and resting to no avail.
He wasn't due until the 27th... the 13th seemed far too early to be in labor!
But alas, I was and in the morning I arrived at the hospital ready to deliver our first baby boy! 

Wondrous unknown the thought of welcoming a baby boy into the world was for us after having 3 beautiful little girls. 
I pondered the difference of meeting, nurturing and watching him grow in contrast.
I still do!

We have been blessed beyond measure with his tender spirit, adventurous willingness and humble gestures.
I stand amazed and thankful as I soak in and cherish every moment of his life.

You will always be my baby boy.
My Little Man.
Happy birthday sweet son of mine. 


1 comment:

  1. Oh Benny. Such a joyful smile... Your Aunty loves you too!!

    ReplyDelete