Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Of which I rant and rave

Oh, how prideful I am!
How often I seek recognition from marred humans or to be applauded for my earthly good fortune from sinners!
Am I so much different from anyone else? Does everyone tend to think they have the best of things, the hardest of situations or the strongest of honest and true love?
I think we are all more alike than we would venture to honestly say.
Oh, how lovely a hug in private company.
Or exchanging of secret handmade love notes.
How delicate a whispered adoration;
or the look of pleasure and longing in a loved one's eyes.
What has happened to our display of affection? Has it become only for show?
As if we have to prove ourselves or our worth to others!
Those pleasant gifts done in intimate secrecy are far more precious to me than a thousand "I love yous" plastered on a billboard for the world to see.
For it was done not for satisfaction, applause from others or a pat on the back (or a "like" from facebook "friends")
but humbly done by my loved one for me in the view of our Maker only and for far greater rewards from above.
Let's not flaunt love and make it cheap, ordinary and for show!
How lovely the bond strong enough between two individuals to be steadfast in motion, secure in foundation, holding strong to character, with not the slightest needy of notions, the silly urgency to be reassured every moment, or the weak wavering of faith in what has already been expressed and needing proof to feel it again. How tiring the act of being swayed like a tree in the wind, giving into every insecure whim.
Let's believe. Have faith. Hold onto. Live. Cherish. Love. Protect.
True love needs no affirmation. It just is. It just is. True love is steadfast and immovable. It isn't fed by "need", selfishness or proof.
When life becomes a show, anything real slowly ceases to exist. And the perception and definition between the two becomes obscure. It is sad to be witness to such things... it makes me long for passage back to simpler times-or to be able to fly ahead to heaven's waiting arms. To leave these worldly struggles in the dust and be thrust ahead into perfection.
Privacy is still needed and the protection of it, so crucial.
Show love off? No! Flaunt it? No, I say again.
Love each other. Sacrifice pride. Share hearts in a personal and intimate way! Find true identity in Christ and Him alone!
I am content in pleasing His and my lovers eyes alone! Not in parading my every blessing and good fortune in life and love for all to see.
This is why I tend to abhor facebook, which is the biggest culprit of all in this!! It becomes seemingly a game, a competition of sorts, a SHOW.
How silly!
I take pride in Christ; I stand firm in Him. I find my complete worth in HIM.
For in the end, recognition and satisfaction, through the blood of Christ, in the eyes of our Lord God, is all that will matter... and everything else was just for show.
Yes, we are all the same. We're all imperfect humans. We all long to be seen. For other's to know we're loved and adored. We ALL are. We all have good things, bad things and all that there is in between. This I know: Jesus loves us all specifically and individually. I'm so thankful for my intimate Savior and the selfless gift of love He's bestowed on each of us.
Change my heart, O God.
Lord, I find my worth in you today!
I'm so thankful for your perfect love.
I'm so sorry if this resembles a ranting rave, but this is my blog for Pete's sake and I did give myself permission first. {smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment