Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A devotional review

~
Among others, I am reading through this riveting little devotional this year-A Gentle Spirit compiled by Ashleigh Bryce Clayton. It is a GREAT book with a diversity of reminders for your Christian walk as a woman. It's chock-full of stories from fellow sisters in Christ such as Amy Carmichael, Joni Eareckson Tada, Corrie ten Boom, Stormie Omartian and many many more, plus daily verses from the Bible, excerpts from biographies and books both classic and contemporary... every time I pick up this devotional it blesses my heart to see into other women's lives and the lessons they have learned, the hardships they have lived through. They share ways to live out practically, the truths from God's Word. It's convicting and encouraging at the same time.
A handy plus is that each page is dated! I absolutely LOVE the journaling aspect of this devotional as well. On each and every page it has a section just to write down thoughts, prayers, answers to prayer, daily struggles, people in my life who need to be prayed for... whatever God speaks to me at the moment or things that are on my mind and heart. It is amazing to read back through your journal later and be blessed ALL over again as you see God's sovereignty and grace was working in those areas of your life; answers to prayer. Growth. Maturity. A change of heart. Lessons learned. Peace found. A season passed. Praise. A thankful heart. Forgiveness. A promise kept. A gentle spirit.

It's a great devotional along side your everyday Bible study, or perfect for a quick nap-time pick-me-up halfway through your day and makes a wonderful gift!
I love it. I think you will, too!
~

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy,
    Sounds like a great Mother's Day Gift!(Hint, hint!) Loved the pics that accompanied your review. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete