Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Flashback

It's so hard to believe that a little more than a year ago I had my sweet 5th blessing in the womb. This year has flown by!
My husband and I thought we we're done having babies. 4 was enough. BUT God had other plans. Better plans. He surprised us with a 5th tiny blessing. In the beginning, I was hesitant to be excited. My mindset had to be changed and my heart opened to the idea of having my 5th c-section!
God knew what He was doing, and it didn't take long for me to wholeheartedly embrace my new pregnancy as my husband had from the beginning.
It was a romantic season and a time of growth. A beautiful beginning to my blog in fact! The unknown inspired the writer/archive keeper, photographer in me and my wings soared in the strong winds of change as I was pushed to "get real".
With my little girl, I am continually laughing inwardly at how much she reminds me of, well ME! In the wake of strong personality similarities, I can only smile and thank the Lord for the surprise blessing of a miniature me and ALL of the learning that takes place therein. {grin}


A year ago, 5 months/28 weeks pregnant.





7 months/31 weeks pregnant, my "baby" boy by my side.


"She was born to suck." Heehee (no pun intended) She literally came out with her finger in her mouth and to this day, still sucks her pointer finger to sleep. It's adorable!

While at the coast, we celebrated her 1st birthday! She was excited. Super excited. She's never seen so much sugar as she did this day. Oh my, my, my what have we started... I think she had her first sugar high that afternoon. But more about that later...







My fifth blessing was surrounded by her adoring family as we enjoyed celebrating who she is and the blessing her life brings as she completes our family.
Happy birthday! We love you baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment