Saturday, June 19, 2010

Let the projects begin

If you read my blog at all regularly, you'll remember that we have a couple of projects that we are planning to tackle this spring and summer. There is always a list of "To Do's" floating around this household. And with a house built in 1938, who would be surprised. We love our home, though freakingly high maintenance it may be.

My husband continues to amaze me as he spurs me to work hard at everything I do by being the greatest example of it himself. He works 2 jobs. One, 50+ hours a week and the other anywhere from 1-2 hours per month to, when in season, 20 hours a week! He leads worship at our wonderful home church, Calvary Chapel, patiently fathers 5 feisty kids, and he has, as I write this, left his Saturday project in our attic part way done and is over gladly helping out a neighbor friend of ours with some projects around HIS house. I love that about my Man! He is rarely, rarely selfish, in our marriage, in parenting, with his time or in any relationship or situation for that matter. Now, I'm not saying he is a saint, or that he is the hardest worker there ever was or ever has been. Although, I do believe he works as hard as he personally can in most areas of his life. I'm just so thankful. Beyond what words or actions could ever convey, for my dear life partner. For the loving father and gentle husband that he is. Despite his lack of spare time, he's a keeper of a friend, people!!




Yes, I mentioned working on our front porch area. Yes, I mentioned new windows and painting of our entire house. No, those haven't been done as of yet and no, I did not mention insulating and finishing our attic. But alas! That is what we are attempting at the moment and it is coming along beautifully!
We are planning to use it as a guest room/playroom and I am beyond elated at the prospect of having this extra room!! We can definitely us the space and even with our current store room being finished into a livable room, we will still have ample storage on the sides with readily available access doors. We will be set. For storage, company and toys.


My husband's dad came on over to help get the insulation blower going(I don't think he knew what he was in for {smile}) and ended up staying more than 3 hours helping him feed insulation into the machine, carry heavy material up our steepish attic stairs (LOVE their charming cape cod character) and was happy to do so. So thankful for that Father and Son team.


As you can see my oldest daughter absolutely loves to pitch in and help whenever she can! She loves her daddy and enjoys spending any kind of time with him.
HAHA! LOVE HER!


Here you can see the hose going up into the attic, blowing loads and loads of natural fibers up into our musty, dank attic. I am so excited about the immediate feelable results! Re-insulating the attic has greatly improved the overall coolness of our home for this spring and summer heat. I can feel the difference already. I'm stoked!



Really, I mean how does this guy do it!? Like I said, on top of everything else, he is finding time and let's not forget energy, to put into fixing up our home. He does it for me, and for our kids. This Man is such a blessing to us.



And I can't imagine life without him!! "I love you my Main Man and I am so proud of how you father our children. You inspire me, and it is my pleasure to walk beside you on this journey of life as you look to the Lord to guide our ways. In your arms is where I always want to stay."


Ahem, on second thought, I may have to decide that on a case by case basis. Ahem.
Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment