Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Random Conscious Thoughts Thursday

Dear readers, fellow bloggers and anyone else not covered in those two categories,
At the moment, I'm enjoying a nice steamy cup of echinacea tea, sprawled out in my bed, blogging {obviously}. I heart the convenience of laptops that I can lay down anywhere and enjoy the convenience of wireless internet.
I love the health benefits of drinking herbal tea.
I am also slightly irritated at the moment. 'Horror'mones are quite possibly to blame for this although I always have a truckload of other things percolating in my head:
Why are there so many pompous people who are so completely self-absorbed?
Must write that check out for my gorgeous deep red bridesmaid dress.
Beyond excited for and proud of my grandparents who celebrate 50 years of marriage this month. WOW! They are truly inspirational.
Talking, texting and blogging(at the same time)-OH, MY! Just thankful I'm not dumb enough to add driving to the equation.
Haha, my spellcheck on blogger doesn't even have texting in it's vocabulary, so it thinks it is spelled wrong... no, convenient all knowing spellcheck thingy, I do not mean, jesting.
AHHHHH, SO many activities, out-of-town family in town and "must do's" for this weekend and not enough time slots to fit it all into!! In fact a few are overlapping--what to do, what to do...
My "husband's" fireworks are being delivered at 10:45 pm tonight. Not the most convenient time as he has to be there(at the empty parking lot) to help unload them but it's all part of being head coach for a high school soccer team. He loves it(coaching). His team has this firework stand fundraiser every year and it is mega time consuming, in fact, not forgetting to mention scheduling, phone calls, and keeping track of sales and money, he also has to spend the night there at the stand to act as security quite a few nights these next two weeks. Love the guy though because instead of looking at the situation as annoying, he is planning to take some of our *MSC with him and make it a fun camp out adventure in his dad's trailer. Adore my husband's contentment and sometimes wishing it was contagious.
I do my best to support my husband's enjoyment and involvement in anything and everything to do with soccer. He's been keeping up on the World Cup in online news because we don't have Cable. Which is AWESOME, but at times like this, it just about kills a guy. {wink-wink}
Running tomorrow with in turns with Jenn. Ran 5.2andsomeodddistance on Tuesday with a split time of 8 min. and 48 sec. a mile. SUPER EXCITING! Jenn and I can't even begin to explain how encouraging it is to look back at our running journey over the past 6 months and see how far we have come physically. We have gone from 1 minute of running being intense, moving onto 1 mile being almost brutal, to mastering a 5k, and now making it through 45 minutes straight of running. Amazing, how our bodies respond positively to hard work and repetition. I always wear my MP3 when I run. In fact I really think I run better with it, along with freshly chapsticked lips and a handy dandy headband to keep my bangs from annoying the bejeebers out of me.
9 loads of laundry today... and counting.
Trimmed all 5 of my kiddos finger and toe nails today.
Dusted horribly dusty shelves.
Cuddled my fourth born for quite a while this afternoon while he was still sleepy from naptime.
My heart breaks for families going through sickness and death like Ellie Potivin's dear family has been. It's encouraging and comforting to know she is now in no more pain and is in the arms of her savior. Many families, all around the world each and everyday are going through much of the same trial. It makes me overwhelmingly thankful for the health my family is resting in today and makes trivial daily annoyances, just that. Silly annoyances that are far outweighed by many many huge blessings.
Read in Job and John. Came across one of my journal entries from December 2000, written a few months after I got married:

Genesis 4:7 says that sin's desire is for me, to consume me, but I should rule over it. Father, cover me with your wings and surround my heart with a hedge of supernatural protection. You are my only strength against the Evil one. In You, I find rest in the midst of a storm.

Loving that I can hear the clink and clank of dishes being rinsed and placed in the dishwasher as my thoughtful husband has taken them on tonight before he runs (literally. Running. This guy never ceases to amaze me) over to unload the the truck.
Need to stop by the Aquatics Center tomorrow and sign my kids up for swimming lessons. The oldest three anyway. This will be their first time taking lessons, besides the quick mommy or daddy tips over the years.
My baby girl's toddling is A-DOR-A-BLE!
Going to see my Aunt and nephews who are visiting from Texas tomorrow! YAY! YAY! YAY!
I made Chicken Quinoa soup for dinner. It was very yummy. Then the kids and I whipped up some chocolate chip cookie dough and ate half of the bowl before we decided it was a good idea to make some cookies as well. Alls I can say is it's a good thing I'm running tomorrow!!
It's late. Sleep well, or not. Goodnight(or morning as it may be).



lots of love-mommy

*Many Small Children

No comments:

Post a Comment