Monday, July 19, 2010

Lazy afternoon family canal walk

(my sweet niece)
("I see a berry momma!")
(I'm sorry, I just love taking pics of old antique things!)
(If you look really close you may be able to see the butterfly directly 5ft. above my first-born's head!  She endured brush and scratches to try and catch that butterfly without success, but sometimes the adventurous process of the hunt is just as exciting, if not more than an actual capture itself)
(throwing rocks into the canal water is one of our summer walk highlights)
(three generations of men- there were four together this weekend!
(Two father daughter duos)
(Right beside my husband, my fave place to be)
("There's a driving potty, mommy!"
Adults taking a break from the kitchen and kids from splashing in the pool,
wandering outdoors along the canal road invigorates, refreshes and always evokes an adventure.
Blooms, berries, butterflies and birds;
Canal walks are always delightfully relaxing and sweet.
The views are beautiful, the smells rich and the company divine.
Rocks, "a driving potty", fields of wheat, old bridges, and enticing muddy canal water,
create lasting memories of which will never depart.
Spending time out at the family farm suits our family well and is always a welcome treat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment