Thursday, July 22, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday

Got a haircut today!!  Quite a change, too, with 5 inches cut off, colored darker and layered a lot more. I like it. I'll have to get some pics of it to share. It's fun to try something new. I'm not the kind of individual who goes to the same restaurant, sits in the same place and orders the same thing from the menu. I'm a try something new, expand your horizons, be adventurous type of girl who looks to be newly inspired and maybe even impressed.
Our local Wendys burnt down. It just doesn't give my heart a lot of rest knowing our local fire department was there when the smoke was just beginning all the way to the moment when the flaming roof collapsed and the entire building crumbled to the ground in blackened smoking fury. Scariness.
I can now officially run a 10k. I'm stoked. I'm loving what this running thing has done for my body and my mind!  Seriously, if you can and/or are able to run, DO IT!
My kids are such a rich treat. They light my day. Their hugs, kisses, stories, achievements and the cute little things they say keep a smile on my face and adoration in my heart.  I wish I had more time to write down those special highlights. Oh, don't we all wish we had more time!?

 You know you're a mother to many small children when you use a "to go" mug for your coffee even though you have no intention of leaving your house.

We have been incredibly busy. Life is full. Good. Wonderful! Continually a growing experience.
I feel as though the Lord is leading us into a time of change. There is always that feeling of loss, a sense of being sad, bewildered and a slight uncertainty about the unknown, but then we can always rely on that tender hole to be filled as time goes on yet again with purpose, a calling and ministry to carry out. Something far greater than we could ever imagine.  All it takes is a blind step of faith. Knowing the Lord has it all entirely mapped out and under control.
Change is good.
God is so good.
Life is sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment