Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

and lots and lots more of that other summer type stuff.  That's what we've been up to around here lately.

{swimming at Memaw's}
With cousins, of course!


{Visiting with out-of-town family}
Gobs and gobs and gobs Alot of dear visitng family!

If only


2 wooden blocks


we're all that was needed


to keep each & every one of us


happily occupied


for an entire afternoon.


{Swimming lessons}
Okay, so most of these are actually pictures of my little guy, gal and I as we waited for my 3 oldest girls to finish their evening lessons one fine day. My little man and I did a class together each morning for 2 weeks. It was so much fun and he has shown significant improvement! All of my kids have!

Okay, there is a smile in there, somewhere.  I just know there is.
Aha, there it is, it's coming!
Beautiful smile, baby girl!  Thank you!

{Hike to summit of Hyndman's Peak}
My Main Man and 3 of his friends camped out under the stars on a Friday night recently, then hiked to the peak of the 9th tallest mountain in Idaho on Saturday.  Hyndman's Peak is 12009 feet above sea level. They overall biked and hiked more than 16 miles, climbing 5000 feet and all in ONE day.  They had an unbelievably great time!


{Mishaps}
My second in command gashed her toe really good. It was gushing blood for a few minutes until we got the bleeding stopped, nicked & scraped her tendon, and she ended up needing to get 6 stitches.


All in all, it's been a great  'worth-jumping-for-joy-over' summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment